Produces a transparent glossy crackle that should be glazed with Glaze Couture when it is dry.
Step 1 is Couture Size (produces a larger crackle effect) and Step 2 is Couture Crackle. The Couture Size is applied first and will enhance the size of the Couture Crackle. Our Couture Crackle produces a transparent glossy crackle that can be glazed with Glaze Couture when it is dry.
- Paint furniture the desired color. Allow to dry.
- Apply 1 coat of Step 1 -Size. Dries in 30 minutes.
- Brush on Step 2 – Crackle. The lines of the crackle follow the direction of your brush strokes. Therefore, if you want a curvy crackle look turn your brush in multiple curved directions. If you apply it straight the crackle will line up in a straighter configuration. Both are beautiful. Crackle will get larger when you apply the product thicker. When applied thinner the crackle will be smaller. Vary the thickness of your application to have the most beautiful effects!
- Dry times depend on the humidity, in most cases it will be dry in 8 to 10 hours and ready for glaze.
- Apply Glaze Couture to enhance the crackle. Apply the glaze with a brush and remove with a cheesecloth.
- Once the glaze is dry you are finished, there is no need to topcoat because the crackle is very durable.
- Clean up with soap and water
Clean up is with soap and water.